Candidates who seek admission to CGLD must have
- Completed 18 years of age as on the 31st March of the year of application
- A definite Christian experience
- A clear conviction that they are called to God’s service
- A desire and willingness to be prepared for effective Christian ministry
- A reasonable proficiency in the English language. (All candidates are required to take an Entrance and Placement test for English competence. Based on the performance in the test, candidates may be disqualified for admission or be required to take remedial English courses.)
Fees, Financial Aid and Scholarships:
- At CGLD, we strive to make quality educational experience affordable to the students. As such all students enjoy considerable fee subsidy. Students from South Asian nations pay no more than 75% of the total cost. Fees for students from non-South Asian countries differ from those of South Asian students. Kindly contact the admissions office for information regarding the same.
- At CGLD, we believe that financial need should not keep any deserving and qualified candidate from applying for admission and studying here. Students with proven financial need are granted scholarships or work opportunities to support their studies. CGLD depends on donations and student scholarship subscriptions from alumni, churches and other friends of the college.
- At the time of application, please mention clearly your financial situation with details, and declare what fees you are able to pay so as to assess your eligibility for the scholarships that may be available. Students who are provided scholarships should inform the college if their financial situation changes.
- Fees include tuition, use of the library, provision of study material, examination fees, etc.
- Fees for students in the Residence Halls include room rent and full board. Fees for students in family apartments include apartment rent. Fees for day-scholars include and weekday lunches.
Work – Study Programme
- Students with proven financial need, who are willing to work, may apply to the work – study programme to help meet their financial commitments.
- Each year a number of scholarship awards are given to students in senior classes. These awards are decided by the Scholarship Committee on the basis of merit, proven financial need and other criteria specific to each scholarship grant.
- Friends and well-wishers who wish to establish scholarship awards to support students at CGLD may please contact us for more information as to how this could be done.